Thursday, November 8, 2007

Want to Have A Million Dollars?

I've been working out the financials for my business plans next season and I was looking for some microsoft excel templates I could use. In my search I came across one called the Millionaire Calculator. Basically it calculates how long it would take to save a million dollars based on a certain rate of return and a regular monthly investment.

You have many options when it comes to investing but it mostly depends on how much of a risk taker you are. I consider myself a mid to low level risk taker because of my limited amount of savings and income and because of that stick to GICs, savings bonds, and RRSPs when I invest. As an investor you can choose from; GICs or savings bonds, RRSPs, RESPs, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, savings accounts, pensions, and income trusts. Each one has a different level of risk. There's a Canadian investing web site that has a lot of very useful information to help you decide what kind of investor you are and which investments might be right for you.